The AAA PROMise program encourages teens and their parents to talk about the dangers of underage drinking, illegal drug use and impaired driving. This includes having a plan for a safe way home during prom and graduation season.
- I promise not to drink alcohol or take drugs.
- I promise not to drive impaired.
- I promise not to let my friends drive impaired.
- I promise my parents I will get home safely.
- I promise to speak openly with my teen about the dangers of driving impaired.
- I promise to complete the AAA PROMise parent-teen commitment so there is a plan for their safety on the road.
- I promise to calmly recognize that if my teen should call me for help, he/she made the adult decision to avoid a potentially deadly situation and kept their promise.
AAA PROMise provides high schools with a free toolkit worth more than $200 that includes communication cards, victim impact videos, pledge boards, and other promotional materials to help get this important discussion started.
For more information on AAA PROMise, please visit www.AAA.com/promise . High Schools can order their free AAA PROMise toolkit by visiting www.AAAPROMise.com .