AAA Unveils Top 10 Most Popular Spring Break DestinationsAAA: 44 Percent of Illinois Travelers Will Take a Spring Break Vacation
AAA Unveils Top 10 Most Popular Spring Break Destinations
AURORA, Ill., (March 1, 2018) – Spring Break is this month for many Illinoisans, and warm weather destinations top the list for travelers looking to escape the cold. Three Florida cities are among AAA’s 10 Most Popular Destinations for the month of March – based on air and tour bookings made with the travel agency. Orlando and Ft. Lauderdale top the list, while Miami is 8th. Other popular destinations include Honolulu, Cancun, Maui, and Montego Bay.
|AAA’s Top 10 Spring Break Destinations|
“Hawaii and Mexico, which are also favorite hot spots for spring breakers, are even more popular this year,” Evans continued. “After last year’s hurricanes struck the Eastern Caribbean, travelers turned to Hawaii and Mexico, as alternatives. Fortunately, the Eastern Caribbean has recovered and travel providers are offering incentives to get people back into the region.”
Spring Break Travel – By the Numbers
A recent AAA Consumer Pulse™ survey of Illinoisans, who are planning a vacation in 2018, revealed the following:
- 44% of Illinois travelers will take a spring break vacation of 3 days or more
- 36% will travel with family
- 8% will travel with friends
- 55% of Illinois millennials will take a spring break vacation of 3 days or more
- 42% of millennials will travel with family
- 13% will travel with their friends
Tips for Planning your Next Vacation
- Book Early – Booking early gives you both the luxury of selecting the best cruise cabin or preferred seat on your flight, at a more competitive rate. As hotels, cruises, and flights fill-up, prices usually rise due to lower availability.
- Use a Travel Agent – Not only can they advise you on where to go and what to do when you get there, but also hook you up with exclusive upgrades, find competitive pricing, and help you find what you need to know about your destination. Visit AAA.com/TravelAgent to find a travel advisor near you.
- Consider Travel Insurance – When the unexpected happens, travel insurance can be your safety net. Hurricanes, flight cancellations, even illness while overseas could cost you hundreds or thousands of dollars. While travel insurance can vary in both coverage and price, you can find policies that reimburse you for health emergencies and/or out-of- pocket expenses due to a delayed/cancelled flight or other situations that prevent you from going. Interestingly, half of all claims are based on things that occur before the trip.
- Know Your Destination – Are you traveling abroad? Can you bring your pet? Refer to the U.S. Department of State to find information regarding visa requirements, what you can bring, and detailed travel alerts and warnings.
- Know Your Benefits – Take advantage of benefits provided by credit cards and membership programs. For example, AAA members can save money on dining, shopping, hotels, rental cars, and attraction tickets. Click here to learn more.
About the AAA Consumer Pulse™ Survey
The AAA Consumer Pulse™ Survey was conducted online among residents living in Illinois from October 10, 2017 – October 30, 2017. A total of 401 residents completed the survey. Results have a maximum margin of error of ± 6.5 percentage points. Responses are weighted by gender and age to ensure reliable and accurate representation of the adult population (18+) in Illinois.