AAA Five and Four Diamond Hotels and Restaurants in Indiana Announced
AURORA, Ill., Jan. 27, 2017 – AAA Chicago has unveiled the four restaurants and one hotel named as AAA Four Diamond Award designees for 2017 in northern Indiana. These properties join an elite group of 2,280 establishments throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean that make up the Four Diamond list. This represents just 3.9 percent of the nearly 59,000 AAA Approved establishments.
“AAA Diamonds are the most reliable and respected ratings in the industry,” said Joseph J Richardson Jr., President and CEO, AAA – the Auto Club Group. “Travelers can depend on Diamond Ratings, because AAA personally inspects more properties than any other professional rating system in North America and is the only one that uses full-time, professionally trained evaluators to inspect properties on an annual basis.”
The 2017 Four Diamond rated restaurants for northern Indiana are as follows (full list here):
The 2017 Four Diamond rated hotel northern Indiana is as follows (full list here):
- Artisan (Elkhart; 2 years)
- Joseph Decuis (Roanoke; 12 years)
- LaSalle Grill (South Bend; 11 years)
- The Carriage House Dining Room & Gardens (15 years)
In total, Indiana has five Four Diamond rated restaurants and 10 Four Diamond rated hotels. There are no Five Diamond properties in Indiana.
- Morris Inn (South Bend; 4 years)
AAA rates more properties than any other professional rating entity
To be AAA Approved:
- Inspections are made at properties throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
- Nearly 59,000 establishments are AAA Approved (nearly 28,000 hotels and more than 31,000 restaurants).
- 183 establishments received the AAA Five Diamond Rating in the past 12 months.
- 2,280 establishments (1,615 hotels and 665 restaurants) received the Four Diamond Rating.
- Properties must pass an unannounced, on-site evaluation. Hotels must provide acceptable cleanliness, comfort and hospitality; and restaurants must meet requirements for cleanliness, food preparation and service.
Travelers can find Diamond Rated establishments and inspector insight in AAA’s trip planning products: the AAA Mobile app, the Diamonds website, online TripTik Travel Planner mapping and routing tool, searchable online AAA Travel Guides and AAA TourBook guides available to members at AAA offices.
- During on-site evaluations, inspectors check everything including lobby décor and guestroom bedding at hotels, to food presentation and service attributes at restaurants.
- Inspectors follow AAA’s comprehensive, published Approval Requirements & Diamond Rating Guidelines for Hotels and Restaurants, which are periodically updated to reflect current member priorities and industry trends.
- After an establishment is “Approved”, the AAA inspector reviews an extensive list of attributes to determine the appropriate rating level, on a scale of One to Five Diamonds, based on the extensiveness of services, facilities and amenities.