AAA Chicago Five and Four Diamond Hotels and Restaurants Announced
January 27, 2017
AURORA, Ill., Jan. 27, 2017 – AAA Chicago has unveiled the six restaurants and five hotels named as AAA Five Diamond Award designees for 2017 in Illinois. All 11 designees are located in Chicago, Ill. Chicago (6) ranks just behind New York City (9) as the city in the U.S., Mexico, Canada and the Caribbean with the most AAA Five Diamond restaurants. These restaurants and Chicago’s five AAA Five Diamond hotels join an elite group of just 183 establishments throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean that make up the Five Diamond list. This represents just 0.3 percent of the nearly 59,000 AAA Approved establishments.
“AAA Diamonds are the most reliable and respected ratings in the industry,” said Joseph J Richardson Jr., President and CEO, AAA – the Auto Club Group. “Travelers can depend on Diamond Ratings, because AAA personally inspects more properties than any other professional rating system in North America and is the only one that uses full-time, professionally trained evaluators to inspect properties on an annual basis.”
The 2017 Five Diamond rated restaurants for Illinois are as follows (full list here):
The 2017 Five Diamond rated hotels for Illinois are as follows (full list here):
- Acadia (4 years)
- Alinea (11 years)
- Everest (21 years)
- Grace Restaurant (4 years)
- Sixteen (4 years)
- Tru (17 years)
Additionally, Illinois boasts 66 AAA Four Diamond establishments, forty-nine hotels and 17 restaurants. For 2017, three restaurants were added to this list including Brindille (Chicago), Intro Chicago (Chicago) and The English Room (Lake Forest). The Deer Path Inn (Lake Forest) was the only new hotel added to the AAA Four Diamond list. The full listing for the 2017 AAA/CAA Four Diamond hotels can be found here and restaurants can be found here.
- The Four Seasons Hotel Chicago (27 years)
- The Langham, Chicago (3 years)
- The Peninsula Chicago (15 years)
- Trump International Hotel & Tower (7 years)
- Waldorf Astoria Chicago (7 years)
AAA rates more properties than any other professional rating entity
- States with the greatest number of Five Diamond restaurants: New York (10); California (9); Illinois (6); Quintana Roo, Mexico (6)
- Cities with the greatest number of Five Diamond restaurants: New York (9), Chicago (6), Las Vegas (5)
- Cities with the greatest number of Five Diamond hotels: New York (10), Las Vegas (7), Chicago (5)
- States/provinces with the greatest number of Four Diamond hotels: California (176); Florida (141); Texas (92); New York (82); Ontario (52); Massachusetts (50); Illinois (49); Quintana Roo, Mexico (46); and Arizona (45).
- Cities with the greatest number of Four Diamond restaurants: New York (33), Toronto (21), Las Vegas (20), Chicago (16)
- Cities with the greatest number of Four Diamond hotels: New York (54), Chicago (32), Boston (28), Toronto (23)
Travelers can find Diamond Rated establishments and inspector insight in AAA’s trip planning products: the AAA Mobile app, the Diamonds website, online TripTik Travel Planner mapping and routing tool, searchable online AAA Travel Guides and AAA TourBook guides available to members at AAA offices.
- Inspections are made at properties throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
- Nearly 59,000 establishments are AAA Approved (nearly 28,000 hotels and more than 31,000 restaurants).
- 183 establishments received the AAA Five Diamond Rating in the past 12 months.
- 2,280 establishments (1,615 hotels and 665 restaurants) received the Four Diamond Rating.
About The Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) is the second largest AAA club in North America. ACG and its affiliates provide membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members across 11 states and two U.S. territories including Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, North Dakota, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands; most of Illinois and Minnesota; and a portion of Indiana. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation with nearly 55 million members in the United States and Canada and whose mission includes protecting and advancing freedom of mobility and improving traffic safety.
Other articles in News: